All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionThese cartoon-illustrated activities can help to keep kids safe from most bullying, abuse, kidnapping, and other violence by empowering them with kwledge and skills. The purchase price of this book includes a license giving permission for the owner to make up to 30 copies a year of the assignments to use with children in your own immediate family, individual classroom, or small youth group. These assignments are from Kidpower International's fun, empowering, and effective personal safety and positive peer curriculum. Successful practice of <i> People Safety </i> skills and kwledge can prepare young people to increase their confidence, develop better relationships, and take charge of their emotional and physical safety and well being. In this book, you will find short cartoon-illustrated assignments that can be used in a classroom, youth group, or family to introduce and reinforce these Kidpower <i> People Safety </i> Skills in English and Spanish: <ul><li>Awareness, Calm, and Confidence</li><li>Moving Out of Reach</li><li>Checking and Thinking First to be Safe</li><li>Stranger Safety</li><li>Safety Plans for Emergency Situations</li><li>Yell, Leave, and Get Help</li><li>Protecting Yourself From Hurtful Words</li><li>Stopping Unwanted Touch and Teasing</li><li>Getting Help</li><li>Bullying Prevention</li> According to Daisy Barocio, Principal of Escuela Popular Dual Language Academy, <i> I am excited for the Kidpower lessons and assignments because we need curriculum that is easy for busy teachers to prepare and use with a group of children. The assignments will be very important because they provide a way for the children to show their parents what they learned and also keep practicing at home with them. The fact that the lessons are in both English and Spanish is a big help since many of our students come from Spanish-speaking families. </i> To learn more about Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International's workshops, consultation, and other educational resources, visit <b>www.kidpower.org</b>. All income from books sales helps our nprofit organization create and provide extensive free and affordable educational resources.
- Author BiographyIrene van der Zande is the founder and executive director of Kidpower International, a global nonprofit dedicated to teaching child protection, positive communication, and personal safety skills. Since 1989, Kidpower has protected over 2.5 million children, teens, and adults, including those with special needs, from bullying, abuse, kidnapping, and other violence through providing educational resources and in-person workshops. Kidpower's Positive Practice Teaching Method is recommended by educators, law enforcement officials, mental health experts, martial artists, and parents worldwide for being upbeat, effective, and empowering.
- Author(s)Irene Van Der Zande
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Amanda Golert
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.