Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- Description100,000 Years in Detention contains personal essays detailing the author's experiences with hydrophobia, tattoos, the Georgia Department of Education, roadkill and more. This book contains over a dozen stories about Gen-Y American life and the speedbumps created by insecurity, fear, courage and hope. Peppered with curiosity and charm, the essays in 100,000 Years ask as many questions as they answer. In To Be Taken Orally with Vodka, Lupsha lends his voice to a childhood friend who struggled with reconciling a prescription-happy series of doctors' visits with the picture of health in America; in The Bump, he relates two anecdotes dealing with pregnancy and his preparedness (or lack thereof) for fatherhood; See! The Tattooed Man! regales all his experiences getting tattoos while cross-cutting their relations to the author's favorite sideshow exhibits. These pieces and ten more paint a portrait of the transition from trying to fit in to pushing against the same.
- Author Biographyjonny Lupsha was born and raised outside Chicago until his teens. After living four rocky years in Hawaii and another two outside Atlanta, he attended college near the Georgia-Florida state line, where he earned a BA in journalism. He currently lives with his wife and their daughter in Virginia.
- Author(s)Jonny T Lupsha
- PublisherJonny Lupsha
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJonny Lupsha
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.