All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionImages of the classical female figure are more prevalent in the contemporary figurative art world, as the nude male has been shunned as too potent or treated as a sex symbol. This book bravely showcases works by male and female artists from around the world that focus on this classic subject. Painting, drawings, and sculptures display broad and varied styles, including portraiture, studies, Pop Art, abstract, and photorealism. Read each artist's approach to the male figure through candid personal statements. Nearly 400 works capture masculine beauty in many styles. This resource brings balance to the figurative art world and is an ideal reference for artists, curators, dealers, students, and collectors.
- Author BiographyE. Gibbons studied art in the United States and Osaka, Japan, and has exhibited around the world. He is the resident artist and owner of the Firehouse Gallery in Bordentown, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Eric J. Gibbons
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1610 g
- Width221 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.