All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScotland and its islands encompass more than 10,000 miles of breathtaking coastline. The 100 routes outlined by Andrew Dempster take in the quaint fishing ports, long sun-bleached strands and vast golf links of the east coast; the grand Gothic cliffs, natural arches and storm-tossed seastacks that comprise much of the fractured edge of the Atlantic; the kaleidoscopic wildflower carpet of the Western Isles machair; the romantic castles and Clearance settlements of Skye; and myriad idyllic secluded beaches and breathtaking clifftop vantage points. This unique guide covers the whole spectrum, from short hour-long beach strolls to serious full-day hikes that require mountain gear and total commitment. Compiled in a user-friendly format and containing maps and illustrations throughout, 100 Classic Coastal Walks in Scotland provides a wealth of walking possibilities for anyone with an interest in outdoor pursuits, with many of the walks also suitable for children.
- Author BiographyAndrew Dempster is a former teacher of mathematics with a keen interest in outdoor pursuits, especially walking, backpacking and mountaineering. He is the author of several other books, including Classic Mountain Scrambles in Scotland, The Munro Phenomenon and The Grahams.
- Author(s)Andrew Dempster
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Noteintegrated b/w maps & illustrations/1 x 8pp col
- Weight541 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.