All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionAll mushrooms are cool, but the ones discussed in 100 Cool Mushrooms are especially cool. Authors Michael Kuo and Andy Methven cover a broad spectrum of table North American mushrooms: from common fungi that are widely distributed and frequently found, to rare mushrooms that are t found in field guides; from the beautiful to the ugly (and even disgusting).Each is described and shown, including its ecology and physical features. Inside, you'll find mushrooms such as: Phallus rubicundus, a stinkhorn that in certain areas appears to be spreading on wood chips sold as commercial mulch. Now you might just find it in your backyard. Cordyceps militaris, a little orange club fungus that grows in insects, then explodes from their bodies. Piptoporus betulinus, a mushroom commonly found on birch trees, was found carefully packed in the belongings of the Tyrolean Iceman. Archaeologists speculate that he used it for medicinal purposes. . . . and 97 more!Dr. Michael Kuo, the principal developer of MushroomExpert.Com, is an English teacher in Illiis and an amateur mycologist. He is the author of Morels and 100 Edible Mushrooms.Dr. Andrew Methven is Professor of Mycology and Chair of the Biology Department at Eastern Illiis University.
- Author(s)Andy Methven,Michael Kuo
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.