100 Countries, 5000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do by National Geographic (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing up on the ermous success of the Journeys of a Lifetime series of travel gift books, National Geographic bring you 100 Countries, 5000 Ideas, a large-format, lavishly illustrated, softcover travel planner. This essential travel companion to one hundred of the world's most fascinating countries is packed with more than 250 big, colorful images, 110 original, detailed maps, and evocative text to inspire your next great trip. Divided into two sections, this book helps you choose destination that suits your interests, how to get there, and what to do. The first part presents a series of charts that helps you pick the best places to visit according to your needs and desires, including the best seasons to go to each country-whether you're interested in a three-week vacation or a long weekend or something in between-as well as a chapter including which destinations are best for children, adventure seekers, history lovers, and the like. In addition to vacation ideas, you'll be given specific airfare costs, approximate cost of a trip, health precautions, and other important tips. The book's second section surveys the one hundred countries - from Argentina to Zimbabwe, and everything in between - describing each one's unique highlights and ideas on what to do while visiting, as well as offering a wealth of practical information to help plan a memorable trip. A special sidebar outlines the pros and cons of each destination. 100 Countries, 5000 Ideas is an irresistible blend of practical travel information and inspiring ideas - adorned with stunning imagery - to help fuel your wanderlust, and make your dream trip possible.
- Author BiographyDAN WESTERGREN took up photography after being taught how to develop film by an indulgent science teacher in the eighth grade. That early experience instilled in him a reverence for the classic, timeless feel of a wonderful photograph, a reverence that he continues to feel even with his job as Director of Photography for National Geographic Travel. In addition to photo editing for National Geographic Traveler magazine and Natgeo.com/travel he has photographed a variety of stories, including expeditions up Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa and Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn in the European Alps. Westergren also went on and photographed an expedition to ski the last degree to the North Pole. Over the years, he's shot some of the world's most intriguing people, places and experiences.
- Author(s)National Geographic
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note300 Colour Photographs, 100 Maps
- Weight1012 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.