All listings for this product
About this product
- Description100 Ideas: QUICK - EASY - INSPIRED - OUTSTANDING The use of assessment for learning (AfL) to provide valuable and continuous formative feedback continues to be a vital skill for every classroom teacher. This brand new book will help secondary teachers to develop a broader understanding of the impact that effective AfL can have in the classroom and the key reasons for using it to improve teaching and learning. It also provides easy to implement strategies and tops to help you plan and evaluate your provision. By using the AfL techniques in this book you will sharpen your teaching, increase pupil automy and ensure rapid and sustained progress is taking place for every pupil. Key topics covered are questioning and dialogue, written and verbal feedback, as well as improving behaviour using AfL strategies and explaining its importance to parents. Each idea includes step-by-step instructions to help you implement the techniques i the classroom as well as practical tips and taking it further ideas. This book is a must-have for every secondary teacher looking to improve their AfL provision and transform their pupils into outstanding learners.
- Author BiographyDavid Spendlove is head of Initial Teacher Training at the University of Manchester and is an expert in AfL, research and teaching methods. He worked for 13 years as a teacher which included whole school responsibility for assessment. For the last 13 years he has been involved in teacher education including research, teaching and CPD. He gives presentations both related to teaching and AfL including lectures to 200+ trainees, School CPD as well as national and international presentations and keynotes related to teaching and assessment.
- Author(s)David Spendlove
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series Title100 Ideas for Teachers
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight147 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.