All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Galleries of Scotland comprises three galleries: the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and the Scottish National Gallery. Together these galleries house one of the finest collections of art to be found anywhere in the world, ranging from the thirteenth century to the present day. Many of the greatest names in Western art are represented by major works, from Titian, Rembrandt and Vermeer through to Picasso, Hockney and Warhol. This lavishly illustrated book contains one hundred of the National Galleries of Scotland's greatest and best-loved treasures. The selection made by the Director-General Sir John Leighton is intended to evoke the special character of the collection at the National Galleries with its distinctive interplay between Scottish and international art as well as the many conversations that it establishes between the art of the past and the present.
- Author BiographySir John Leighton is Director-General of the National Galleries of Scotland. He was formerly Director of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam and Curator of nineteenth-century paintings at the National Gallery in London. He is the author of numerous publications and exhibition catalogues on nineteenth-century art.
- Author(s)John Leighton
- PublisherNational Galleries of Scotland
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Galleries of Scotland
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.