All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most storied and fascinating histories in all of Major League Baseball, the Detroit Tigers--an American League charter franchise in 1901--have survived some of the most intense highs and lows of any team in professional sports, and this lively and detailed book explores it all. This guide to all things Tigers covers the 1984 World Series championship and the riots it sparked; controversial Georgia Peach Ty Cobb; and crucial information such as important dates, player nicknames, memorable moments, singular achievements, and signature calls. This fully updated edition, which includes details on the Tigers' exciting 2011 playoff run and Miguel Cabrera's historic season as well as the Tigers' acquisition of Prince Fielder, guides fans on numerous of activities to help them celebrate their team in new and deeper ways.
- Author BiographyTerry Foster is a sports columnist with the Detroit News and is the cohost of the radio program Valenti and Foster. He serves on the media board for Central Michigan University Life and was named a Central Michigan University journalism alumni of the year. He is the coauthor of Great Detroit Sports Debates. He lives in West Bloomfield, Michigan. Willie Horton hit 20 or more home runs seven times, and his 325 career home runs ranked sixth among AL right-handed hitters when he retired. He enjoyed his best season in 1968 with the world champion Tigers, finishing second in the AL with 36 homers. He lives in Detroit.
- Author(s)Terry Foster
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series Title100 Things...Fans Should Know
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byWillie Horton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.