All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery sneaker has a story to tell, and this encyclopedic book features 1,000 full-color images of the sneakers that have most influenced global sneaker culture with examples to engage sneaker aficionados of all stripes. Trainers, tennis shoes, kicks whatever you call them, the sneaker has risen to global popularity with a huge international audience clamoring for the rarest, the latest, or the reissued classics. This book comprehensively showcases sneakers through time from early Air Jordans, the original Air Force 1, and Adidas Superstars to iconic contemporary designs by pop culture figures like Kanye West and cool fashion designers like Yohji Yamamoto and Martin Margiela. Every angle is covered throwbacks and new shoes alike with legendary sneakers, groundbreaking designs, and technical advancements, as well as the athletes and celebrities who made the shoe famous. Included are the Adidas Jabbar, the Puma Clyde, the Nike Air Force 1, the Reebok Question, the Nike Zoom Kobe IV, and many others from ackwledged classics, along with less remembered styles worthy of recognition, such as the Royal Master Pro-Keds or the Sk8 High Vans, and one-of-a-kind limited releases like the 1971 Kareem- Abdul-Jabbar Adidas. 1000 Sneakers features detailed reference sections for collectors, histories of leading brands and designers, and anecdotes from the worlds of sports, fashion, hip- hop, and popular culture, making this book the perfect gift for sports, design, and street fashion enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyMathieu Le Maux has been the sports editor of French GQ since 2011 and is an avid sneaker collector, owning more than 300 pairs.
- Author(s)Mathieu Le Maux
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Note1,150 colour
- Weight907 g
- Width171 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.