CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- Description1001 Inventions that Changed the Way we Live aims to give you a wide and varied offering of scientific and techlogical breakthroughs that have shaped and aided human development throughout history. From the first stone flints sharpened by prehistoric man to the spoke wheel and from the first steam powered machine to manual maeuvring units for space walks, this book explores the stories behind the invations and traces the development from concept to completion. From the big ideas to the smaller objects, discover when the first pair of scissors was used, or how the world wide web was created inventions and ideas that have become integral to modern life w. Perfect to dip into and an endless source of intriguing discoveries, 1001 Inventions that Change the Way we Live presents the history of the world through all the brilliant ideas that came to fruition. It is a fascinating and comprehensive study of human endeavour throughout the ages.
- Author BiographyJack Challoner studied physics at Imperial College, London, and teacher training at Kingston-upon-Thames. He worked in the Education Unit of the Science Museum, London, where mostof his time was spent explaining science directly to visitors. Jack has written nearly 30 books onscience and technology for all ages, and has acted as consultant science editor on many others.
- Author(s)Jack Challoner
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/02/2009
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Out-of-print date09/10/2013
- Content Note400 illustrations
- Weight1895 g
- Width161 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.