Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionExpert critics in each genre of film, from romance to horror and sci-fi, have once again painstakingly revised this list of essential must see-movies, cut and added films to bring the must-watch list bang up to date for 2014, from great classics like The Birth of a Nation and Gone With the Wind to recent Oscar minees like Gravity, Nebraska, American Hustle and the blockbusters that are 12 Years a Slave and The Wolf of Wall Street. Each entry tells you exactly why these films deserve inclusion in this definitive illustrated list, engaging readers in each film's concept development and production, including curious trivia facts about the movies, as well as the most famous pieces of memorabilia associated with them. Illustrated with hundreds of stunning film stills, portraits and poster art 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die offers an incredible visual insight into the world of modern cinema. It puts together the most significant movies from all genres, from animation to Western, through action, comedy, documentary, musical, ir, romance, thriller, short and sci-fi. Movies from over 30 different countries have been included, offering a truly wide multi-cultural perspective, and the time span includes more than a century of extraordinary cinematography. Packed with vital statistics, and a few facts that might surprise you, this is a collector's must for the bookshelf as well as an entertaining read for all those who love the world of film. Whether your passion lies with The Blue Angel or Blue Velvet, from the films you shouldn't have missed the first time around, to the films you can see again and again, 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die is the definitive guide for all movie lovers.
- Author BiographySteven Jay Schneider, one of the true connoisseurs of movie horror, has written, talked, taught and published extensively on all aspects of film, from aesthetics and psychoanalysis to the joys of the slasher flick. Here he has brought together more than 50 of the finest writers, reviewers, critics, professors, aficionados and filmmakers from around the globe. From Le Monde's Jean-Michel Frodon in Paris to Undercurrent's Chris Fujiwara in Tokyo, the team compromises the best that film writing has to offer and includes contributors to Empire, Sight & Sound, Time Out, Rolling Stone, the New York Times, Total Film, International Film Guide, LA Weekly, CineAction, Film Quarterly, NME, the Washington Post, Filmmaker, Moviemaker and many more.
- Author(s)Steven Jay Schneider
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series Title1001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Out-of-print date19/04/2016
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight1915 g
- Width162 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine56 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.