All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionA breathtaking journey, taking in the most incredible natural wonders of the world, 1001 Natural Wonders is the definitive guide to the stunning features of nature. Some places are in the remote wilderness, others just a bus ride from town, but whatever they are and wherever they are, they are sure to astonish. With the help of the world's leading explorers - past and present - we take you on a circumnavigation of the globe, journeying from hot deserts to the icy poles, across grasslands and steppe, lakes and rivers, and from mountain tops to the ocean depths. Each stopover is chosen for its grandeur and sheer natural beauty. Ordered by continent and country, illustrated with stunning photographs from the world's leading photographers, and clearly located on specially commissioned maps, each entry is packed with information on how each natural wonder was created, where to find it and how to get there. Making 1001 Natural Wonders the most detailed and comprehensive guide if its kind. For the would-be explorer, the dedicated tourist, the student, and the downright inquisitive, this is a valuable guide to the planet's priceless resources.
- Author BiographyMichael Bright is an executive producer with the BBC's Natural History Unit. He and his colleagues are based in Bristol England but they scour the entire world for stories and pictures. He is the author of over 75 natural history books including Andes to Amazon: A Guide to South America, the producer of countless television and radio programmes including the award-winning television series Natural World and Wildlife on One and has been editorial consultant to Reader's Digest and Dorling Kindersley on reference works such as Discovering the Wonders of our World and The Wildlife Year.
- Author(s)Michael Bright
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication11/08/2005
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Out-of-print date23/07/2010
- Content Note800 colour illustrations
- Weight1895 g
- Width160 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.