1001 Paintings: You Must See Before You Die: 2011 by Octopus Publishing Group (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
- AU $14.33Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom ancient Egyptian wallpaintings to contemporary Western canvases, this book is truly comprehensive in scope and beautiful to leaf through. Within its pages you will see displayed 1001 of the most memorable, haunting, powerful, important, controversial and visually arresting paintings that have ever been created. This newly updated and revised edition improves upon previous editions by featuring:- Larger images throughout- Unparalleled readability of text- Clean, elegant titlesEntertaining and informative text written by an international team of artists, curators, art critics and art collectors illuminates both the paintings and the people who painted them. An insightful review accompanies a beautiful reproduction of every painting - an enviable art collection to dip into whenever you please. The paintings are listed by artist and by title, making it easy to find a specific painting or trace the development of one painter's work. 1001 Paintings is a collector's must for the bookshelf.
- Author BiographyStephen Farthing is a painter and the Rootstein Hopkins Research Professor in Drawing at the University of the Arts, London. In 1990, he was elected Master of the Ruskin School of Drawing at the University of Oxford, and a Professional Fellow at St. Edmund Hall, Oxford. In 1998, he was elected member of the Royal Academy of Arts, London. He originally studied at St. Martin's School of Art, London, gaining an MA in painting from the Royal College of Art, London. He has been teaching fine arts since 1977 and his paintings are exhibited in galleries throughout the world.
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series Title1001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Content Note800
- Weight1890 g
- Width162 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byStephen Farthing
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.