Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn fewer than fifty years videogames have become one of the most popular forms of entertainment, but which are the best games, the ones you must play? This action packed book presents the best videogames from around the world - from 80's classic Donkey Kong to Doom, Frogger and Final Fantasy. Covering everything from old favourites to those breaking new ground, these are the games that should t be missed. Video game expert Tony Mott presents 1001 of the best video games from around the world and on all formats, from primitive pioneering consoles like Atari's VCS to modern-day home entertainment platforms such as Sony's PlayStation 3. 1001 VIDEO GAMES defines arcade experiences that first turned video gaming into a worldwide phemen such as Space Invaders, Asteroids, and Pac-Man - games that made the likes of Atari, Sinclair and Commadore household names. It also includes the games that have taken the console era by storm from Nintendo Wii to Sony Playstation and beyond - games of the modern era that have become cultural reference points in their own right including multi-million selling series such as Halo, Grand Theft Auto and Resident Evil. For aficionados this is a keepsake - charting the highlights of the past fifty years giving them key information for games they must play. For those just discovering the appeal of gaming this extensive volume will provide everything they need to ensure they don't miss out on the games that revolutionized this overwhelmingly popular medium.
- Author BiographyTony Mott presents 1001 of the best video games from around the world and on all formats, from pioneering consoles like Atari's VCS to modern-day home entertainment platforms such as Sony's Playstation 3. The longtime editor-in-chief of game-industry bible, Edge, Tony Mott has thirty years of gaming experience, fifteen of those within the industry, and draws from an in-depth knowledge of video gaming's progression since its birth as an entertainment form in 1962.
- Author(s)Tony Mott
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/10/2013
- SubjectComputer Games: User Guides
- Series Title1001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Out-of-print date22/09/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1962 g
- Width162 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine54 mm
Most relevant reviews
- maiketh6927 Oct, 2016by
Great read for everyone!
Reading through this book is great and very insightful for both gamers and non gamers. Enjoying this a lot. Recommended for anyone to pick this up and give it a try :)
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.