All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $33.75Trending at AU $36.14
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.19
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $28.60
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $33.56Trending at AU $34.00
- AU $13.64Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $31.44Trending at AU $34.79
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the thousands of great wines on the market, which should you try at least once in your lifetime? With more than 250,000 copies sold in fifteen different languages, 1001 Wines You Must Try Before You Die is the reference guide you can rely on to ensure that you make the right decision every time. This evocative and informative guide identifies the wines and vintages most likely to please the palate, explains what makes them so special and suggests when best to drink them. Some of the 1001 wines selected are old and rare, most are readily available and many represent spectacular value; a few are controversial, a few are curiosities, but all are worthy of their place. Together they reflect the variety that is part of the enduring fascination of fine wine. In this newly revised and updated edition, Neil Beckett and his team of wine conisseurs and writers recommend a huge variety of wines in 1001 fact-filled and entertaining reviews packed with history, anecdote, facts and opinion. They share their experience and expertise through illuminating and seductive tasting tes, and give guidelines on cost. Photographs of the wine labels and bottles as well as stunning photographs of the vineyards, wineries and winemakers supplement the text. Essential for every wine lover, 1001 Wines You Must Try Before You Die is a fascinating and sumptuous guide that enhances the intellectual as well as the sensual pleasure to be taken in the world's most exciting and expressive wines.
- Author BiographyNeil Beckett is editor of The World of Fine Wine, an award-winning magazine on which he works with Hugh Johnson and Andrew Jefford. He has won prizes for his writing on wine and is one of the two UK tasters on the Grand Jury Europeen. Since its launch in 2004, The World of Fine Wine magazine has attracted international critical acclaim for its quality of writing, independence and originality, making it the leading publication of its type. Published quarterly in London, it is sold by subscription in more than 35 countries throughout the world.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Width138 mm
- Height208 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
- Interest AgeFrom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.