All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating book ranges over hundreds of years and thousands of miles, tracking a colourful cast of Cornish men and women who are, or should be, famous. Sharp, irreverent, affectionate and often surprising, Maurice Smelt captures the spirit of the place and its people in a collection of pen portraits of saints, heroes and villains, from St Piran to Rick Rescorla. If you're Cornish, or you simply love Cornwall, then this is the book for you.
- Author BiographyMaurice Smelt was born in Borneo and 'came home' at seven. An Exhibitioner of Sherborne School and Major Scholar of Trinity Hall, Cambridge, he seemed fated for academia but escaped into advertising and became creative director of his agency. Having helped to set up Writers in Business, a specialist company that scripted anything from political speeches to multimedia extravaganzas, he moved to Cornwall in 1984 to do the same sort of thing less frenetically. He was a partner in Write by the Sea, which offered very intensive courses in Penwith for writers of every kind. He was contributing editor of What Advertising Is (Pelham Books), and edited A Wealth of Talent in the 'In Pursuit of Excellence' series. He has been both Honorary Librarian and Chairman of Morrab Library, and now lives in Penzance with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Maurice Smelt
- PublisherAlison Hodge
- Date of Publication25/09/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationCornwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlison Hodge
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.