All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book encourages children and adults to use the language of dance! The games here combine dance and play in ways that release a child's spontaneity and self-expression. Appropriate for parents, teachers, youth leaders, baby-sitters and child care workers, the book is filled with simple games that the whole classroom or family - or just two people - can play and learn from. You don't need dance training or athletic skills. All players need is a willingness to have fun and experience the joys of moving and interacting with others. These n-competitive games reward children for their involvement, encourage them to use their imaginations and show them how to express how they feel and think - without words. The games are organised by type: meeting and greeting games, concentration games, dances that tell stories, party dances, 'muscle puzzles', dances using simple props (such as balloons, fans or cardboard boxes) and many more. Each dance game contains an age guideline, an estimated time of play and suggestions for the most appropriate type of music. Ages 4 & up
- Author(s)Paul Rooyackers
- PublisherHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/1996
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleSmartfun Activity Books
- Place of PublicationAlameda, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Cecilia Hurd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 6
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.