All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.30Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionToday super heroes are everywhere but it wasn't always this way. Before the billions of dollars earned at the box office and the overwhelming amount of television shows based on comics. Before the video games, boards games and t-shirts. Before all this there were just pieces of paper covered with differently shaped rectangles with pictures in them, otherwise kwn as comic book panels. These panels which once served a very niche audience are w responsible for some of the most popular and lucrative franchises in entertainment today. This book will take you on a journey through some of these influential panels. The panels that are responsible for the characters and stories we celebrate and love so much today. They're t just iconic, they're icomic.
- Author BiographyHi, I'm Karson, the founder of Icomic Panels. Growing up I never had any comic books. The nearest shop was probably three hours away from my tiny hometown of less than 150 people. Instead I fell in love with cartoons. Spider-Man and X-Men were my absolute favourites. Wolverine and Spider-Man became my goto costumes to jump around in whether it was Halloween or not! When I moved away for University one of the first things I did was start an unwieldy pull list at my local comic book shop. I read anything I could get my hands on. As time went on my pull list lessened as I needed money for things other than comics, like ramen noodles. I became fascinated with the history of comic books a few years later after reading Sean Howe's Marvel: The Untold Story. My pull list shrank even more as I began reading and researching older issues and storylines. Icomic Panels blends together my love of the medium of comic books and their history, giving a glimpse into how the characters and stories we love today came to be.
- Author(s)Icomic Panels
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Introduction byKarson Braaten
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.