All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of 101 jaw-dropping stories, as told by the very people who experienced them - first-hand accounts of sightings, scrapes and encounters in one of Africa's greatest National Parks. It details hair-raising experiences from the Kruger Park's roads, camps, picnic sites and walking trails, such as: An enraged elephant flips a car onto its roof; A lioness prises open a terrified couple's car door; A fleeing impala leaps through an open car window; A Hyaena snatches a baby from a tent; A tourist takes a bath in a croc-infested dam...A bedside book, a travel companion, a dip-into, read-anywhere compilation of joyful encounters laced with terrible warnings. Wherever you are, this book will transport you directly into the bush.
- Author BiographyJeff Gordon is one of the myriad ordinary Kruger visitors, with no special affiliation to the park. But he happens to enjoy a good yarn, so he invited other ordinary Kruger visitors to submit stories about their experiences. The result has proved popular beyond his imaginings, and he has already started collecting stories for a second compilation. He likes his boerewors a touch underdone, his biltong thinly sliced and his Amarula on ice.
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Nature
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edited byJeff Gordon
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.