All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the great joys of horseback riding is to be able to leave the beaten path for such purposes as hunting, fishing or camping, or simply for the pure pleasure of being out in nature. To ensure that you and your horse are enjoying the tail in the safest and most efficient ways, 101 Trail Riding Tips presents a broad palette of advice, including selecting a good trail and/or pack horse, training for safety and responsiveness, choosing tack and other gear, and coping with a wide variety of terrains. For example: Add tapaderos--Valued by the cavalrymen and vaqueros of the past, and still standard equipment for field trial aficionados, who follow their dogs through brush and bramble, tapaderos are all too neglected by today's trail riders. Taps protect your feet from rain and sw and prevent their being snagged and scratched by branches. More important, tapaderos prevent that most horrifying accident, a foot slipping all the way through the stirrup and the rider being dragged after a fall. Tapaderos with oversized stirrups allow you to wear bulky cold weather boots during winter. They'll protect your feet from splash when you ford a stream and your exuberant horse makes things worse by pawing in the water. Extremely valuable for all riders, tapaderos should be mandatory equipment on any child's saddle. Here's a guide that's sure to increase the enjoyment of any trail ride, anytime and anywhere.
- Author BiographyDan Aadland, the author of The Complete Trail Horse and Treading Lightly With Pack Animals, is a frequent contributor to Western Horseman, The Trail Rider and Equus. He lives in Absarokee, Montana, where he and his wife, Emily, breed Tennessee Walking Horses and organize pack trips.
- Author(s)Dan Aadland
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Series Title101 Tips
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight12 g
- Width149 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.