Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionHuon Mallalieu retraces the footsteps of Harold Godwinson's English army in autumn 1066 as they raced from their crushing defeat of the invading Norwegian army at Stanford Bridge in Yorkshire to the fateful encounter with William's Norman army at Hastings in Sussex - a distance of over 250 miles which was covered in less than two weeks by exhausted, often wounded, heavily armed men. The rhythm of the walk and the sights along the way prompt thoughts on history, England and Englishness.
- Author BiographyHuon Mallalieu compiled The Dictionary of British Watercolour Artists and 'Antiques Roadshow' A-Z of Antiques Hunting, and wrote Understanding Watercolours. He is saleroom writer for Country Life and a contributor to The Times.
- Author(s)Huon Mallalieu
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/05/2017
- Content Note15 black and white maps
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.