All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe goldfields have been a powerful influence on both Australian and Western Australian history. Gold has driven development in many parts of Australia. A great number of family lives have been shaped by migration to and from the fields. Reminiscences, and family and local histories have produced powerful and oft-repeated narratives. This book moves beyond the oft-told. It tells of Aboriginal history, of people who have 'always been here, and we always will be here'. Women's and children's lives are explored as well as those of prospectors and miners,the settlement of 'Afghans' and the story of pastoralism.
- Author(s)Criena Fitzgerald,Lenore Layman
- PublisherWestern Australian Museum
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationPerth
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWestern Australian Museum
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.