All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $86.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $45.12
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.67
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionMichelangelo's David, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the smooth cypress hills - these are among the celebrated must-see sights of Tuscany. Yet the cultural landscape of Florence and the surrounding country-side is an inexhaustible trove of visual and historical gems if you kw where to look, that is. Where, for instance, can you find 1,000 Masonic objects and symbols? Where does the official championship in cheese-throwing take place? Where was a memorial dedicated to a king's assassin, and where can you see a double-dawn? This book will lead you right inside the turbulent history, exciting stories, and unexpected sites and pleasures of Tuscany. Discover frescos, sculptures and other great and peculiar works of art in hidden locales; try the culinary classics and lesser-kwn Tuscan treats enjoyed by locals; and seek out breath-taking views from unexpected locations.
- Author BiographyBeate C. Kirchner studied political science in Florence and Munich, and was editor of several German magazines. Today she works as a freelance writer focusing on economy, politics, and travel. She visits Florence several times a year.
- Author(s)Beate C. Kirchner
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note111 colour
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.