All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate illustrated insider's guide to New Orleans - Birthplace of Jazz, home to the world famous Mardi Gras, champion of voo-doo and vampires, purveyors of its own distinctive Creole and Cajun cuisines. New Orleans, once owned by France, then Spain, then France again, has a rich history that blends the unconventional with the orthodox to create a cultural collision unlike that found in any other city. This insider's guide to New Orleans is shaped by portraits of the less obvious, hidden treasures rarely seen by the 10 million tourists who visit The Big Easy each year. From architecture that housed early jazz musicians and powerful madams; to bars that offer shot-and-a-haircut specials; to emblematic local eateries like Hansen's S Bliz and Killer Po'boys; to the best places to buy a chartreuse-coloured beehive wig, Civil War cavalry sabre, or some swamp-grass gris gris, 111 Places in New Orleans will ensure that you experience the musical, spiritual, historical, edible, and quite often sinful side of America's Most Interesting City. As ted musician and NOLA native Allen Toussaint once said, To get to New Orleans, you don't pass through anywhere else.
- Author BiographySally Asher is a photographer and writer whose images have appeared in Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report, and New Orleans Magazine. She has been a photographer for Tulane University since 2008 and frequently lectures about NOLA history through the Louisiana State Museums. She is the author of Hope and New Orleans: A History of Crescent City Street Names (The History Press) and the forthcoming Stories from the St. Louis Cemeteries of New Orleans (Landmarks).
- Author(s)Michael Murphy
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series Title111 Places/111 Shops
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note111 colour
- Weight476 g
- Width136 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Photographs bySally Asher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.