All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York, New York - a crazy quilt of evolving neighbourhoods, trends, and tastes, and home to natives and newcomers of every nationality, ethnicity, and outlook. New York City's history and grand ambitions live in every street, park, and hidden alleyway. This unusual guidebook invites the adventurous and curious to explore a wildly diverse selection of little-kwn places, including: a trapeze school, a giant Buddha in a former por theatre, a Coney Island sideshow, Louis Armstrong's home, a Central Park croquet court, a Gatsby-era speakeasy, and a secret balcony where slaves worshipped 200 years ago. Play chess with the masters on a Midtown office-tower wall; have a pint at a legendary prizefighter's hangout in Soho; whisper messages across a crowded train station. Unexpected and quirky, most of these destinations are so under-the-radar they will astound even longtime New Yorkers who thought they knew it all!
- Author BiographyJo-Anne Elikann was born in Brooklyn, grew up in Queens, and lives in Manhattan. A freelance writer, artist, and photographer, her proudest achievement is having raised six children in an NYC apartment. She's a New Yorker through and through; a lifelong explorer of its incredible nooks and crannies.
- Author(s)Jo-Anne Elikann
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Weight481 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.