Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionTheatre and pigtailed wigs - there is far more to Salzburg than that, and more than the Salzburg Festival and Mozart, as well. This guide to the more intimate aspects of Salzburg will lead you to places kwn, at best, only to the natives, and often t even to them - such as a network of medieval tunnels, chamois living in freedom in the middle of town, who just found it too boring in the mountains, even living urban flamingos. There are a surf wave in the Alpine Canal, a quarry yielding one of the most precious kinds of marble in the world, original Celtic witches and druids. This extraordinary guide will tell you which church alter a human skull is walled into, where rallyes run madly around the mountains; about where the Doppler Effect comes from, where the only outdoor organ pulls out all its stops, where defenceless women were burned as witches in the 17th century, which house, with a width of 1.42 meters, is the city's smallest, where Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz had a rendezvous - and, finally, where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart thought up The Magic Flute .
- Author BiographyStefan Spath, born in Tyrol in 1964, lives in Vienna and works there as a travel journalist, author and copywriter. He first got to know Salzburg at the start of his university studies back in the grey 1980s. Since then he has had an on-off relationship with the city: 'on' in spring and autumn, 'off' on rainy days. Pia Claudia Odorizzi von Rallo, born in 1964 in Wels in Austria, lives and works in Vienna and Upper Austria. For 25 years she has been a freelance photographer in the fields of architecture, art and emotion. Architectural photography is meditative work for Pia Odorizzi. Its challenge is to bring out the clarity and perfection, but also the intention of the buildings. Her work with people takes her from what is visible to what is not obvious. It expresses her personal stories.
- Author(s)Pia Odorizzi,Stefan Spath
- PublisherEmons Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintEmons Verlag GmbH
- Content Note115 colour
- Weight494 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.