CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionRecruited from the ranks of the Hitler Youth, the elite 12th SS Panzer Division-which rapidly became one of World War II's most feared-consisted largely of seventeen- and eighteen-year-old boys who were fanatically devoted to the German cause. In the aftermath of D-Day in June 1944, the division received its baptism of fire in Normandy, launching a fierce counterattack that turned into a bloody, month-long series of battles for the French city of Caen. Using war diaries, official records, and his experiences as the division's chief of staff, Hubert Meyer follows these teenage warriors through their grueling first weeks of combat.
- Author BiographyHubert Meyer served in various units before becoming chief of staff of the 12th SS in 1943, a position he held for the war's duration.
- Author(s)Hubert Meyer
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication07/05/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleStackpole Military History Series
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note113 b/w photos & 13 maps
- Weight943 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine39 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.