All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSixteen men were executed in the aftermath of the Easter Rising in Ireland, 1916: fifteen were shot and one was hanged. Their deaths changed the course of Irish history. But who were these leaders who set in motion events that would lead to the creation of an independent Ireland? Teachers, poets, trade unionists, a shopkeeper and a farmer, the executed leaders of the Easter Rising were a diverse group. This book contains fascinating accounts of the life stories of these men and recounts the events that brought each of them to rebellion in April 1916. All these stories are compiled for the first time in one volume, making it an ideal overview for the history enthusiast and a good introduction for the general reader.
- Author BiographyAnne-Marie Ryan has worked as an archivist and researcher at Kilmainham Gaol Museum and the Pearse Museum. Originally from Waterford, she studied English and History in TCD and completed a Masters in Museum Studies at the University of Leicester. She is currently working as a secondary school teacher of History and English.
- Author(s)Anne Marie Ryan
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Content Note16
- Weight236 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.