Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Epic Struggle of Freedom and Justice Against the Tyrannies of the 17th Century Continues, as European Cunning Meets American Courage. The Thirty Years War continues to ravage 17th century Europe, but a new force is gathering power and influence: the Confederated Principalities of Europe, an alliance between Gustavus Adolphus, King of Sweden, and the West Virginians from the 20th century led by Mike Stearns who were hurled centuries into the past by a mysterious cosmic accident. The democratic ideals of the CPE have aroused the implacable hostility of Cardinal Richelieu, effective ruler of France, who has moved behind the scenes, making common cause with old enemies to stop this new threat to the privileged and powerful. But the CPE is also working in secret. A group of West Virginians have secretly traveled to Venice where their advanced medical kwledge may prevent the recurrence of the terrible plague which recently killed a third of the city-state's population. At the same time, the group hopes to establish commercial ties with Turkey's Ottoman Empire, then at the height of its power. And, most important, they hope to establish private diplomatic ties with the Vatican, exploiting Pope Urban VIII's misgivings about the actions of Richelieu and the Hapsburgs. But a Venetian artisan involved with the West Virginians may cause all their plans to come to naught. Having read 20th century history books of the period, he has become determined to rescue Galileo from his trial for heresy. The Americans are divided on whether to help him or stop him-and whether he succeeds or fails, the results may be catastrophic for the CPE.
- Author Biography<b>Eric Flint's</b> impressive first novel, <i>Mother of Demons</i> (Baen), was selected by <i>SF Chronicle</i> as one of the best novels of 1997. With with David Drake he has written five popular novels in the Belisarius series, and begun a new fantasy adventure series, so far comprising <i>The Philosophical Strangler</i> and <i>Forward the Mage</i>. Flint received his masters degree in history from UCLA and was for many years a labor union activist. He lives in East Chicago, IL, with his wife and is working on still more books in the Ring of Fire series. <b>Andrew Dennis</b> has a story included in the upcoming Baen volume <i>The Ring of Fire</i>, and has had many non-fiction pieces published on the subjects of law and the paranormal. By way of a day job, he's a lawyer and lives in Preston, England with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Andrew Dennis,Eric Flint
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Weight320 g
- Width129 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.