All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide is published in partnership with the U.S. National Park Service and Parks Canada, and is ideal for travelers who love history. Relive the epic battles of the War of 1812, from Fort McHenry - where Francis Scott Key was inspired to pen The Star Spangled Banner - to Tippecae, Queenston Heights, Horseshoe Bend, and Chalmette. This lushly illustrated, handy guidebook - the only one that contains both U.S. and Canadian sites - is the official U.S. National Park Service and Parks Canada guide to the War of 1812. It takes you to all war-related landmarks - from the shores of the Great Lakes, up and down the Eastern Seaboard, all the way south to New Orleans - and to such rewned attractions as the USS Constitution, Goverrs Island, and the White House, infamously torched in 1814 during the Chesapeake Campaign. Evocative text explains how the war played out, as well as tourist insights and how to visit each site. Fun, fact-filled sidebars; a milestones timeline, key biographical sketches; detailed visitor information; and colorful, easy-to-read maps make this a must-have souvenir for anyone joining in the bicentennial festivities and interested in the War of 1812.
- Author BiographyNational Geographic cartographers create award-winning maps using state-of-the-art software for cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The results are clear, detailed maps that make map reading fun and informative.
- Author(s)Caroline Hickey,National Geographic
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication13/05/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note70 Colour Photographs; 8 Maps
- Weight181 g
- Width134 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.