CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $27.60
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.79
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.84
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.78
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $51.41
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionAt the beginning of 1864, the Civil War was far from won; terrible and bloody Union setbacks and casualties lay ahead. Abraham Lincoln was facing a re-election battle as some rthern Democrats were ready to start peace talks that could leave the Confederacy a separate slaveholding American nation and as his secretary of the treasury, Salmon P. Chase, challenged him for the Republican mination. But by the end of the year, the war's end was in sight, and slavery was on the verge of extinction. Despite all the turmoil of war and political infighting, Lincoln also set the stage for a new era of westward expansion. He shaped the decades to come through laws and subsidies that propelled railroads westward, by the Homestead Act that offered western lands to immigrant farmers and by the Act to Encourage Immigration that enabled 615,000 men, women, and children to arrive in America during the Civil War. As the year ended, John Wilkes Booth, who stalked Lincoln throughout 1864, was only a few weeks away from assassinating our greatest president.
- Author BiographyCharles Bracelen Flood is the author of twelve books, including Grant and Sherman: The Friendship that Won the Civil War and Rise, and Fight Again: Perilous Times Along the Road to Independence, winner of an American Revolution Round Table Award. Mel Foster has narrated over 150 audiobooks and has won several awards. Twice an Audie finalist for 1864: Lincoln at the Gates of History by Charles Bracelen Flood and Finding God in Unexpected Places by Philip Yancey, he won for the latter title.
- Author(s)Charles Bracelin Flood
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight206 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Narrator(s)Mel Foster
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1170
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.