CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- Description1948: The Crossroads Year by James F. Nagle is a fascinating exploration of how 1948 forever changed America-and why. The turning point in the struggle between Western democracy and Eastern absolutism as symbolized by the Soviet Union, 1948 changed the way the world worked and the way America thought. As the nation grappled with a post war environment, its people began to question their role in this new society and the path on which America w seemed headed. There was a huge migration of black people from the South. Easterners set their sights on the sunnier climes of California. Suddenly, apartment dwelling gave rise to a new phemen of suburbia. This was also the year that Israel was created and the first Arab-Israeli war was fought. From the Truman Doctrine to the popularization of television, Nagle investigates how one unique year has impacted our society right into our present day. Written in sparkling prose, Nagle brings a you-are-there perspective as he explores how and why Americans decided which bridges to build in their new lives-and which ones they should burn. A perfect book for history aficionados or baby boomers, 1948: The Crossroads Year is a portrait of the way we were-and how we became who we are.
- Author BiographyJames F. Nagle is the former chief of the Logistics and Contract Law Branch of the Department of the Army Staff and trial team chief in the Army's Contract Appeals Division. He has taught all aspects of government contracts, construction law and contract management at Florida Institute of Technology, George Washington University, Seattle University School of Law and more. A prolific author of over 75 articles and the author or co-author of six books, he has also lectured in 23 states and four foreign countries. He lives with his wife on Bainbridge Island in Washington.
- Author(s)James F Nagle
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication09/11/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.