All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book collects Lisa Kron's two extraordinary solo performance works. Best kwn for her ongoing work as a member of The Five Lesbian Brothers, Kron's solo pieces are very personal examinations of both herself and her family history. This is singularly clear in <i>2.5 Minute Ride</i>, where her writing deftly maneuvers between the tragic drama of the Holocaust and the wry comedy of her family's attempts to pursue pleasure at the local amusement park. This critically acclaimed work played to sold out audience for over six months at New York's Public Theatre. Also included is the riotous <i>101 Humiliating Stories</i>, which first premiered in 1993, and in fact only consists of seventeen tales but each, as the author observes, has several humiliations. It recounts the adventures and misadventures of a self-described Big Lesbian as she tests the boundaries of decorum in social and professional situations.
- Author BiographyLisa Kron grew up in Lansing, Michigan, and moved to New York in 1984. She has been writing and performing solo work for the past 20 years, and is a founding member of The Five Lesbian Brothers theatre company. She currently lives in New York and Los Angeles with her partner, Peg Healey.
- Author(s)Lisa Kron
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/02/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight127 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.