All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the satisfying art of cheese making in this updated edition. This bestselling book has been designed to help you create wonderful cheeses that approximate the flavours and textures of many cheeses from around the world - at home in the comfort of your own kitchen. Discover and indulge in the taste of fresh handmade cheeses and experience the joy of creating outstanding food from a simple ingredient: fresh milk. These excellent recipes feature easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions that take the stress and guesswork out of creating artisanal-quality cheeses at home. You will find recipes for everything from fresh unripened cheeses to aged ones with complex rinds. An enticing new cover, an all-new 32 page troubleshooting section, new step-by-step photos as well as the new inclusion of preparation times with each recipe will be welcomed by both vice and experienced cheese makers. Here's a sampling of some of the cheeses you can make: Fresh Cheeses: traditional Ricotta and fresh goat cheeses. Stretched-Curd Cheeses: Bocconcini, Provolone and Mozzarella. Mold-Ripened Cheeses: Brie, Camembert with Calvados. Blue-Veined Cheeses: Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Stilton. Washed-Rind Cheeses: Muenster, Brick, Limburger. Washed-Curd and Semisoft Cheeses: Colby, Edam, Fontina. Semifirm and Hard Cheeses: Emmental, Jarlsberg, Cheddar. Ethnic & Regional Cheeses: Feta, Paneer, Domiati. Yogurt & Kefir: Bulgarian-Style Yogurt, Kefir Cheese. Butter, Buttermilk and Creme Fraiche: Orange Honey Butter, Clotted Cream. Rounding out this fantastic book are comprehensive descriptions of basic cheese-making steps and techniques along with information on and illustrations of all the necessary techniques, equipment and tools. It also chronicles the fascinating history of cheese along with serving and presentation instructions.
- Author BiographyDebra Amrein-Boyes is one of the top artisanal cheese makers in Canada. She spent several years learning about cheese making in Switzerland, then returned to Canada, where she is now the head cheesemaker of The Farm House Natural Cheeses.
- Author(s)Debra Amrein-Boyes
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Note32 colour photos
- Weight794 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.