All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the pages of The New Yorker, The New York Times, and Slate stagger Frank Cammuso and Hart Seely, restoring a cheerful sanity to our deranged lives and times. Every w and then, funny writing somehow manages to retain full possession of literary quality. Please see Twain, Heller, Benchley, Parker, Frazier, Geng. And w please see Cammuso and Seely. If you're t some famous person in our hyped, commodified, three-screen (movie, TV, computer), celeb-ridden society, count your blessings. Because if you are, Cammuso and Seely will probably get you sooner or later. They got Martha Stewart--they have her planning gracious plans for her version of the Son of God's final repast: Jesus has indicated--against my better wishes--that He intends to gird Himself with a towel and wash everybody's feet. So be it. But beforehand, I'll run his terry cloth for five minutes in the dryer, making it toasty and soft. They (fondly) postu-late how Phil Rizzuto might have written a characteristically fractionated version of Casey at the Bat 'Fraud!' cried the maddened thousands, and the echo murmured 'Fraud.' / Hey, Murcer! Look! Bea Arthur! Didn't she play Maude? The Flintstones become the Clintstones, Quentin Taranti directs The Three Little Pigs, and Dr. Seuss collaborates poetically with Rod Serling. Even when the targets of these pieces are of the moment, Cammuso and Seely's humor will endure. What's more evanescent than pop-music stardom? Sex, maybe, but t much else. But who won't laugh, even years from w, as Cammuso and Seely--in Six Degrees of Chuck Berry --introduce some of the record industry's often interchangeable personages to each other: Tanya, Enya. Enya, Shania. Shania, Mariah. Mariah, Wynna. Wynna, Fiona . . . Nobody. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyFrank Cammuso draws editorial cartoons for the Post-Standard newspaper in Syracuse, New York. His work has appeared in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Newsweek, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Village Voice. Hart Seely is an award-winning reporter for the Post-Standard newspaper in Syracuse, New York. His work has appeared in The New Yorker, The New York Times, The New Republic, National Lampoon, The Village Voice, and Spy magazine. He is married and has three children. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Frank Cammuso,MR Hart Seely
- PublisherVillard Books
- Date of Publication02/09/1998
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVillard Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.