All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2013 the Indians undertook a massive turnaround as an organization improving their record by 24 games and making the playoffs for the first time since 2007. At the head of that turnaround was manager Terry Francona who instilled a new organizational culture that the entire organization bought into from the players to ownership. Hope has since been restored to the corner of Carnegie and Ontario and a belief that the franchise is heading in the right direction, and most importantly, that it can sustain that direction. At the heart of the success of the organization is the Indians' mir league system which produced players like Jason Kipnis, Danny Salazar, Corey Kluber, Zach McAllister, Yan Gomes, Cody Allen and Michael Brantley in recent seasons. In order to maintain their recent success they will need more players to come up and fill important roles on the team, and for the first time in a few years the Indians have a bevy legit prospects in the upper levels who can help at the Major League level this season and for seasons to come. This book is the essential resource guide for everything Cleveland Indians beyond the Major League team. In this book you will find: - Detailed and updated scouting reports for the Cleveland Indians Top 100 prospects. - An additional 80+ scouting reports on other players in the system including reports on their Top 16 International prospects and reports for every signed player from the 2013 Draft. - Released payers, 2013 Draft recap, six-year ranking history. - Career stats including college for all players in the Top 100. - 2014 coaching staffs, affiliate information, best tools listing, and more! Whether you are a diehard follower of the mir leagues or a casual fan of the big league team, this book has something for everyone. It is a must have for any fan of the mirs and is the most complete and detailed reference guide around on the Cleveland Indians and their prospects.
- Author BiographyTony Lastoria was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and has lived here all 39+ years of his life. He has grown up as a diehard Cleveland Browns and Ohio State Buckeyes fan, but his entire life he has been following the Cleveland Indians with a passion and deep love for baseball. He has been playing and/or following baseball since he was five years old. Since he can remember that passion for baseball has permeated the minor league baseball scene, and over the past decade-plus minor league baseball now rivals his love for Major League Baseball. Back in 2003, Lastoria started to write about the Indians minor league system for a few different media outlets, and eventually spawned a weekly column called Minor Happenings which recapped all the news, notes, and developments in the Cleveland Indians farm system each week. That piece brought about a relationship in 2006 with SportsTime Ohio, the Indians' cable TV home where he began doing freelance stuff outside of the weekly column, and still does so with a blog he has on the new FoxSportsOhio.com site. As things grew bigger in scope, the idea of his own site to better categorize all of his writings came about, and thus the Indians Prospect Insider was born on October 24, 2007. The site has grown a lot over the years as what was initially setup to merely be a blog to post quick updates and such, quickly turned into a legitimate website chock full of information in regard to the Cleveland Indians not just in the minor leagues but the big leagues as well, and on January 1, 2013 the name was changed to Indians Baseball Insider. Over the course of the season Lastoria will travel around and visit all of the Indians' minor league affiliates several times each to get a feel for the players and interview them, various Indians coaches, managers, front office executives, and coordinators in the organization. He also speaks with several executives and scouts for other organizations as well in order to get a good balance of the information he acquires. You'll get no better coverage of the prospects in the Cleveland Indians' farm system and the philosophies of the organization than right here in this book and on Lastoria's website. Several new articles are posted every day and 365 days a year, and you can always expect lots of prospect analysis pieces, scouting reports, interviews, news, inside information, and more.
- Author(s)Tony Lastoria
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.