All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- Description2016 ELECTION MONSTERS, MYTHS, AND MAYHEM was inspired by watching the growing battle against Donald Trump by the media, Republican establishment, Democrats, academics, mirity groups, and many others. He has a disapproval rating of about two-thirds of the country. Yet he had continued to outpoll other candidates in this crazy election by appealing to the angry and disaffected, though he was once considered just a reality show entertainer and successful businessman. This growing battle led me to think of the way these myths about monsters in many cultures can help explain what is going on. As such, I have compared Trump to 15 of these monsters, including the dragon St. George fights, the Chimera, Medusa, the Cyclops, the Kraken, Charybis, the Hyrdra, the Mitaur, the Sphinx, and even the Devil, in his many guises, including Beelzebub, Lucifer, and Satan. These myths reflect the battle against Trump and his message of racism, xephobia, and hate: - Trump and Monster Myth Mash - Is Trump a Chimera? - Beheading the Trump Campaign - Could Trump Be the U.S. Cyclops? - Beware the Trump Water Monster - Trump and the Monsters of the Sea - Trump and the Many Headed Monsters - Trump and the Human Beasts - Is Trump the Modern-Day Devil?
- Author BiographyGini Graham Scott has published over 50 books with mainstream publishers, focusing on social trends, work and business relationships, and personal and professional development. Some of these books include Scammed, Lies and Liars: How and Why Sociopaths Lie and How to Detect and Deal With Them, Internet Book Piracy, The Very Next New Thing, The Talk Show Revolution, and The Battle for Personal Privacy. Her books on social science research and theory include The Researcher's Bible and Working with People with Disabilities. She has gained extensive media interest for previous books, including appearances on Good Morning America, Oprah, Montel Williams, CNN, and hundreds of radio shows. She is often quoted by the media and has websites at www.ginigrahamscott.com and www.changemakerspublishingandwriting.com. She has about 45,000 listings in Google Search Results. She has been a regular Huffington Post blogger since December 2012 and has a Facebook page for her books and films at www.facebook.com/changemakerspublishing. She has written, produced, and sometimes directed over 60 short videos, which are featured on her Changemakers Productions website at www.changemakersproductions.com and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/changemakersprod. Her screenplays, mostly in the drama, crime, legal thriller, and sci-fi genres, include several dealing with changes in science, technology, business, and society, including The New Child, New Identity, and Dead No More. These are in development with trailers, business plans, and interested directors and talent. Her feature, Suicide Party #Save Dave, which she wrote and executive produced, will be released by RSquared Films, in the summer 2016. Details are at www.suicidepartyfilm.com. Her second feature Driver has just been filmed and will be released in 2017. More details on the film are at www.facebook.com/driverthefilm. She has a PhD in sociology from U.C. Berkeley and MAs in anthropology, pop culture and lifestyles, recreation and tourism, and organizational/consumer/audience behavior from Cal State, East Bay. She is getting an MA in communications there in 2017. She is also the Creative Director of Publishers, Agents and Films (www.publishersagentsandfilms.com), a service which connects writers to publishers, agents, and the film industry.
- Author(s)Gini Graham Scott Ph D
- PublisherChangemakers Publishing
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChangemakers Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.