Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionJPS is proud to reissue Cohen and Mendes-Flohr's classic work, perhaps the most important, comprehensive anthology available on 20th century Jewish thought. This outstanding volume presents 140 concise yet authoritative essays by rewned Jewish figures Eugene Borowitz, Emil Fackenheim, Blu Greenberg, Susannah Heschel, Jacob Neusner, Gershom Scholem, Adin Steinsaltz, and many others. They define and reflect upon such central ideas as charity, chosen people, death, family, love, myth, suffering, Torah, tradition and more. With entries from Aesthetics to Zionism, this book provides striking insights into both the Jewish experience and the Judeo-Christian tradition.
- Author BiographyArthur A. Cohen was the author of Martin Buber (1959), The Natural and the Supernatural Jew: An Historical and Theological Introduction (1962), The Myth of the Judeo-Christian Tradition (1970), and The Tremendum: A Theological Interpretation of the Holocaust (1981). He also edited the theological writings of Milton Steinberg. An acclaimed novelist, his Artists and Enemies was published posthumously in October 1986.
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edited byArthur A. Cohen,Paul Mendes-Flohr
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.