All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 21st century, new kinds of challenges resulting from interdependence among states and globalization have had a determining impact of the conduct of diplomacy. Diplomacy has become multifaceted, pluri-directional, volatile and intensive, due to the increased complexity in terms of actors, dialogues subjects, modes of communication, and plurality of objectives. This unique text, written by a leading scholar and Foreign Service expert, examines all such factors to provide the definitive guide to diplomacy as it is practiced today. With a multitude of examples from around the world, including the US, UK, EU, Africa, Asia, and Latin America, the book covers the spectrum of diplomacy practice, including regional diplomacy, diplomacy of small states, performance management, handling of decisions and crisis, use of information techlogy, and reform in foreign ministries. Also included are chapters on craft skills and practical exercises. 21st Century Diplomacy will be essential to anyone learning diplomacy, and will also support courses in international relations, foreign policy, and intercultural communication.
- Author BiographyKishan Rana is Professor Emeritus, Foreign Service Institute of New Delhi, and Senior Fellow, DiploFoundation, Malta and Geneva. He served as Ambassador to Algeria, Czechoslovakia, Kenya, Mauritius, and Germany, and Consul-General in San Francisco. He was Archives By-Fellow at Churchill College, Cambridge University, 2004, and Public Policy Scholar at Woodrow Wilson Centre, Washington DC, 2005. He Chairs the India Committee of the Council for Security Cooperation in the Asia Pacific (CSCAP).
- Author(s)Kishan S. Rana
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.