All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionDrawn from the extensive holdings of the Staatliche Museen in Berlin, this collection of jewellery through the ages links cultures and eras to show how the design, wearing, and collecting of personal adornment has evolved over the ages. They range from classic items such as necklaces, rings and earrings to less common items with origins in n-European cultures. The book features jewellery ranging from the splendid crowns of ancient Greece, gold earrings from Babylon and jewelled collars worn by 13th-century Islamic royalty to more modern pieces such as those contained in the imperial collection of Queen Louise of Prussia, Art Nouveau jewellery designed by Rene Lalique, and work by contemporary designers. This chrologically arranged survey includes numerous brief essays and nearly 400 illustrations with detailed captions, making it an ideal reference for anyone interested in cultural history, the history of jewellery, or the art and craft of jewellery making.
- Author BiographyMaren Eichhorn-Johannsen directs the department of exhibitions and special events at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. Adelheid Rasche directs the Fashion Images Collection at the Art Library of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. Svenia Schneider is a consultant to the Konstanz Science Forum at the University of Konstanz, Germany.
- Author(s)Adelheid Rasche,Maren Eichhorn-Johanssen
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note400
- Weight2277 g
- Width240 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.