All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a glorious farmhouse just outside the village of Menerbes, Shann immerses himself in the life of Provence. With recipes from home, his first task is to find old books and learn the history of local dishes. His aim is to re-engage with a culinary tradition that has been such a part of his life, and to urish and enjoy time with his young family. He invites us to join them all and step inside this beautiful part of France, to grab a glass of Cotes du Ventoux and live life like a la francais. Exploring village markets, cooking with local and seasonal produce, learning classic food techniques and soaking up the culture are all part of the daily life of a chef and his family on holiday. What began as a diary has become a beautiful record of regional food and Shann's home cooking, and includes more than 60 original recipes: from slow-cooked duck with honey and thyme to lamb cassoulet with preserved lemons, from artichoke stuffed with ratatouille to figs wrapped in olive oil brioche - all created on the spot to incorporate the fresh ingredients Shann sources every day. To round out this luscious feast, the book includes many other tips and treasures, including overviews of the region's wines, as well as a personal guide to the best restaurants and hotels. Shann and his family's journey will inspire and delight Francophiles and food lovers alike.
- Author BiographyShannon Bennett is one of Australia's most acclaimed chefs. He is the owner-chef of Cafe Vue, Bistro Vue and the multi-award winning Vue de monde. He is the author of the bestselling travel guides Shannon Bennett's France, Shannon Bennett's Paris and Shannon Bennett's New York, as well as the cookbooks My Vue and My French Vue.
- Author(s)Shannon Bennett
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintThe Miegunyah Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight609 g
- Width170 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.