All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionAn anthology of never-before-published short essays by America's literary greats. Each October at the PEN Gala, well-kwn authors take the stage of the Folger Shakespeare Library's Theatre to ponder the meaning of such universal mysteries as obsession, illusion, first love, and more. Each author is given only three minutes or less to speak. The results have been unpredictable--clever, confessional, inspiring, hilarious, profound, and all of them entertaining. These essays have been transcribed for the first time, and comprise this unique anthology.Among the authors are: Russell Banks, T. Coraghessan Boyle, Annie Dillard, Gail Godwin, Allan Gurganus, Jane Hamilton, Alice Hoffman, Susan Isaacs, Charles Johnson, William Kennedy, Chang-rae Lee, Larry McMurtry, Sue Miller, Joyce Carol Oates, George Plimpton, Francine Prose, Maurice Sendak, Anita Shreve, Jane Smiley, William Styron, Deborah Tannen, John Edgar Wideman.
- Author BiographyThe PEN/Faulkner Foundation confers an annual national prize for the best work of fiction by an American author and brings literary programs of quality to the citizens of the Washington metropolitan area.
- PublisherBloomsbury USA
- Date of Publication08/05/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury USA
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPen/Faulkner Foundation
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.