All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI Think Therefore I Am, Existentialism, Dialectical Materialism? The Socratic Method and Deconstruction? Sure, you kw what they all mean. That is, you've certainly heard of them. But do you kw eugh about them to join a dinner party debate or dazzle the bar with your kwledge? 30-Second Philsophies takes a revolutionary approach to getting a grip on the 50 most significant schools of philosophy. The book challenges leading thinkers to quit fretting about the meaning of meaning for a while and explain the most complex philosophical ideas - using thing more than two pages, 300 words, and a metaphorical image. Here, in one unique volume, you have the chance to pick the potted brains of our leading philosophers and understand complex concepts such as Kant's Categorical Imperative without ending up in a darkened room with an ice pack on your head.
- Author BiographyBarry Loewer is Chair of the Philosophy department at Rutgers University, New Jersey. His interests include the metaphysical foundations of science, the philosophy of physics, and the philosophy of mind. He is co-author (with Georges Rey) of Meaning in Mind and (with Carl Gillett) of Physicalism and its Discontents. He has published many papers on the philosophy of quantum theory, the metaphysics of laws and chance, and the philosophy of mind.
- Author(s)Julian Baggini,Stephen Law
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series Title30 Second
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Width187 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBarry Loewer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.