All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionCogito ergo sum. Cynicism. Dialectical Materialism. Existentialism. The Socratic Method. Deconstructionism. Everybody kws what they mean. Or thinks they kw what they mean. At least you have probably heard of them and like to bandy about them to impress your friends. But do you have the back up? What happens if you get trapped in the corner by a real hottie with a masters degree in phemelogy? 30-Second Philosophies takes a revolutionary approach to getting a grip on the 50 most important and significant schools of philosophy. It will challenge a half century of great thinkers to quit fretting about the meaning for a while and explain the most significant theories of philosophical thought in half a minute, using thing more than two pages, 300 words and a metaphorical image. Here in one unique volume you have the opportunity to pick the potted brains of our leading philosophers and understand complex concepts such as 'the categorical imperative' without ending up in a darkened room with an ice pack on your head.
- Author BiographyBarry Loewer is Professor of Philosophy and Chair of the Philosophy department at Rutgers University, New Jersey. His interests include the metaphysical foundations of science, the philosophy of physics, and the philosophy of mind. He is co-author of Meaning in Mind with Georges Rey and Physicalism and its Discontents with Carl Gillett. He has published many papers on the philosophy of quantum theory, the metaphysics of laws and chance, and the philosophy of mind.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width180 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byBarry Loewer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.