Consider these sponsored items
- AU $27.99Free postage
- AU $19.75Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description30-Second Psychology identifies the major strands of thinking in this fascinating field. It examines the theories of 19th-century behaviourism, where every action has a logical explanation, and how psychotherapy sought to undermine this approach. It looks at the development of humanistic psychology in the mid-20th century and the current domination of cognitivism, with its emphasis on mental structures. Along the way, we meet many of the luminaries in the field, including William James, Aaron Beck, and (of course) Sigmund Freud. What better way to get a handle on your inner demons?
- Author BiographyChristian Jarrett is a journalist for the British Psychological Society. He has a Ph.D. in Behavioural Neuroscience from UMIST and in 2008 co-authored This Book Has Issues: Adventures in Popular Psychology. He also contributed to 30-Second Theories.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Width180 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byChristian Jarrett
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.