All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $9.88Trending at AU $10.52
About this product
- DescriptionWith game consoles and the Internet, children are playing as much as they always havebut w, they sit still while doing it. Kids spend as much time watching TV, using computers, and playing video games as they spend in school each week. One in every three kids in America is considered overweight or obese, and the number one concern that parents bring up to pediatricians is keeping kids fit. Half of all children are t physically active eugh for the development of a healthy cardiovascular system. 303 Kid-Approved Exercises and Active Games helps 6-8 year old kids get off their chairs with fun and age-appropriate exercises. Exercise for children must be fun. These exercises have been used for personal training sessions, kids fitness classes, kids fitness camps, birthday parties and in schools; they have all been Kid-Approved! . Kimberley Wechsler, a specialist in Kid s Fitness, took into account the fundamental attributes of being a child while developing these exercises. Children have specific physiologic differences that make them unique. They grow, mature, and develop skills at different ages, so what may be skill appropriate for one child could be harmful for ather child. These exercises reflect the emotional, social, physical level of this age group. At this age, children feel confident with the basic skill of fitness and are w ready to be challenged to more complex moves. They are w at the skill level in which physical challenges like balance, muscle building, hand-eye, hand-foot coordination, increasing challenges for their fine and gross motor skills, and functional training can be more added. They are growing in their intellectual and emotional processes as well, which w allows this age group to follow and understand simple rules of a sport. They are also introduced to the concept of friendly competition and sports fitness. Children also enjoy using their imagination and fantasy, so exercises require the use of their imagination. There are games and fitness challenges that require kids to take an active role in learning new skills, and there are introductions to new sports. Kids still enjoy outside participation so families, friends, educators and counselors can participate in all of the 303 activities. Kids at this age can t seem to sit still--their minds are always thinking and their bodies are always moving. Children have short attention spans, so most of the activities can be played within a 15 minute period of time and many choices are offered throughout the book. 303 Kid-Approved Exercises and Active Games supports children s energy and directs it in a positive way; the activities take advantage of a child's natural tendency to be active with unstructured or free play. 303 Kid-Approved Exercises and Active Games develops intellectual, emotional, and social skills for children, all the while promoting an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Author BiographyKimberly Wechsler has a Bachelor of Science from Texas Christian University. After having two sons she became a health and fitness trainer. In the past 20 years she received nine certifications in fitness instruction and personal training, has been a dance instructor, fitness instructor specializing in kid's fitness, personal trainer, a physical education teacher, a health coach, master aquatics trainer, muscle conditioning and flexibility coach, Pilates instructor and student of Integrative Nutrition.She has lectured at numerous fitness seminars, taught cooking classes, hosted a television show, been a national presenter at health and fitness conferences, developed five successful summer fitness camps for kids in Massachusetts, volunteered as a coach for The Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and served on the Governor s Council and Presidents Council of Youth Fitness.In 2011 she founded a non-profit organization, Replay4Kids and since 2009 is the CEO of Fitness Productions LLC, a company that designs and searches for quality products that will guide and support families to a healthier, more balanced life in natural health, nutrition, fitness, personal growth and creative expression. To learn more visit www.loveyourworkout.comShe makes her home in Frisco, Texas.
- Author(s)Kimberly Wechsler
- PublisherHunter House Publishers
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Series TitleSmartfun Activity Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHunter House Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Sleva
- Foreword byDarren S McLaughlin
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.