All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first title in the Elite Units series to deal with an American bombardment group, this title focuses on the 303rd BG, dubbed the 'Hells Angels.' One of the very first B-17 units assigned to the newly created Eighth Air Force in England in September 1942, the 303rd was in the vanguard of the daylight bombing campaign through to VE-Day. Awarded a Distinguished Unit Citation in January 1944, the 303rd also had two of its aircrewmen presented with the Medal of Hor, Americas ultimate military decoration. Brian O Neill brings the group's colourful combat history to life with a mix of first-hand accounts, raw statistics and concise mission narrative.
- Author BiographyBrian D O Neill is the General Counsel of the Curtiss-Wright Corporation, the famous aviation company that manufactured the Curtiss P-40 fighter and the B-17s Wright Cyclone engine during World War 2. Before becoming an attorney, he served with the US Navy as a destroyer gunner officer and shipyard repair officer. An avid student of Eighth Air Force history, he resides in East Windsor, New Jersey. Mark Styling has illustrated several books in both the Aces and Combat Aircraft series. He has recently switched mediums from airbrush to Mac art, and has produced some of the best profiles Osprey has used to date in Combat Aircraft 18: 'B-17 Flying Fortress Units of the Eighth Air Force (1)', Combat Aircraft 22: 'Mitsubishi Type 1 Rikko 'Betty' Units of World War 2' and Combat Aircraft 25: 'Mig 17 and MiG 19 Units of the Vietnam War'.
- Author(s)Brian D. O'Neill
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/05/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAviation Elite Units
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note100 b&w and 40 colour illustrations
- Weight409 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Styling
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.