Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a daily journal of a young Pole who risked everything to search for a better life for his family. At the age of 22 and speaking only Polish, he defected from a pilgrimage to Rome to join a refugee camp on the outskirts of the city. He had plans, very little money and only a small backpack of personal belongings. Frustrated with the limitations of Communism and with little hope of providing a stable environment for his family, Jacek was driven on by the overwhelming belief that a better future was waiting beyond the borders of his native country. This journal takes you through his personal journey from arriving at the gates of the refugee camp to being welcomed into Canada. His memoirs are both poignant and humorous and are set in the context of the events taking place in Poland and in the rest of the world. They give the reader a vivid picture of day-to-day life in the camp and the development of relationships and events as they enfold.
- Author(s)Jacek Laszkiewicz
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.