All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA visual book for the visual artist, 3D Filmmaking: Techniques and Best Practices for Stereoscopic Filmmakers provides a comprehensive overview of the theory, language, and methods behind stereoscopic 3D filmmaking, all in one package. Celebrated 3D filmmaker Celine Tricart explores every facet of the art, from the technical to the practical, including: *3D vision * History of 3D cinema * Stereoscopic basics and techniques * How to shoot in 3D *3D VFXs, animation in 3D, and 2D to 3D conversion * Live broadcast in 3D *3D viewing and projection *3D as a storytelling tool * Screenwriting for 3D * Working with a stereographer *3D storyboarding and previz *3D postproduction * Sound design in-depth A must-read for any 3D filmmaker, producer, writer, or technician interested in the third dimension, 3D Filmmaking covers the history of the form, defines key 3D terms and places them into context, and offers lessons on using the medium as a visual storytelling tool, creating a perfect blend of concepts, practice, and history. Full color throughout, the book also includes a pair of 3D glasses for you to view the 3D images within, and each chapter features detailed color diagrams and examples in anaglyph 3D, as well as interviews with 3D visionaries like Jean Pierre Jeunet (Director, Amelie, Alien 4), Chris Sanders (Director, How to Train Your Dragon, The Croods), Demetri Portelli (Stereographer, Hugo), Phil McNally (Stereoscopic Supervisor, How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar 4), Tim Webber (VFX supervisor, Gravity), Scott Farrar (VFX supervisor, the Transformers franchise), and Victoria Alonso (Stereoscopic Supervisor, Marvel Studios). A companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/tricart) features links to useful resources and footage from 3D films.
- Author BiographyCeline Tricart is a filmmaker and stereographer. Since 2008 she has been the stereographer behind more than 20 live 3D broadcasts, commercials, and documentaries, including the first French 3D film, Behind the Walls. Celine also served as a 3D Rig Technician on the 2014 box office hits Stalingrad and Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Author(s)Celine Tricart
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note264 colour illustrations, 59 colour line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.